Compass Safety Web-based Safety Perception Survey Software
Do-it Yourself Survey Guidebook
Compass Safety Web-based Safety Perception Survey Software
(a do-it-yourself survey option).
Few people would allow their doctor to operate on them without a solid diagnosis of their health problem. Similarily, health and safety professionals should not attempt to manage health and safety without first obtaining clear direction of what needs to be done in order to improve. A well constructed and properly administered safety perception survey will provide you with all the information you need to improve health and safety in your company. When you conduct a safety perception survey, you need to first ensure that you have all of the proper tools so that you can be certain your survey is administered right the first time. Many companies have tried to administer safety perception surveys and have failed. They failed because they either didn’t have the required knowledge needed to administer the survey properly, didn’t have an appropriate database to manage the volumes of data typically generated from the survey process or, they hired a consulting company offering survey services that also was not properly equipped to survey. If you work with Compass we guarantee your survey will succeed.
WHY use our Survey Software
Our powerful web-based software can be accessed by any registered user, anywhere, anytime. Compass does more than just provide our clients with access to our powerful database. We walk them through the survey process step by step from survey development, administration and data analysis and reporting. Here are some key features of our database and survey approach that sets us appart from the competition.
- Company specific surveys – We help you develop a survey that is right for your organization. Yes we have surveys that we can pull off the shelf but we believe each user has unique needs and each user differ in their stage of health and safety development. Where one company should employ questions that are more traditional, another company may be prepared to ask questions that are more cultural. As a starting point we have over 150 questions in our master question list that clients can select from. Additional questions can be added from other sources or other disciplines such as human resources and environment.
- Comments solicited for each question – Most surveys allow for the quantification of questions such as on a 1 – 5 Likert scale. We offer the same feature but we added the ability for respondents to add comments. When questions are only scored one is left with questions about why they scored the way they did. Survey consultants then need to set up focus groups to find out the reasons for the scores. This is an extremely expensive process and is the number one reason why safety perception surveys are so expensive.
- Do-it Yourself – It is feasible to conduct your own survey. Consultants need to spend a great deal of time just to get a sense of the organization. It is not possible to offer recommendations on the data with this information that your internal people already have. We have the only eight step do-it-yourself survey process that guides you through the process from survey development to analysis.
- Low Cost – This feature is primarily due to the previous two points. Because you administer the survey yourself, the need to set up focus groups post survey is diminished. The main reason consultants have to spend so much time with their survey clients is that they need to hold meetings with employees later to find out what our database finds out at the time of administration. We know there are free survey tools available but never was the term “you get what you pay for” more true. The databases are inflexible, do not provide detailed reporting and you are totally on your own throughout the survey process.
- Survey in different languages – When you conduct a survey you do not want to leave employees out because just because they do not have a strong command of English. In fact, their lack of understanding is even more of a reason you may want them to complete the survey. With the click of a button our survey can be changed to over 100 different languages.
- Toggle questions on and off – to be included in the survey average. This is a feature that large organizations and associations would be interested in using. Typically one standard survey is developed that is used either for all company departments or all companies within an association. But some departments and companies have very specific needs. For example, one department may have the need to assess contractor safety or fleet safety and other not. This feature allows for the administration of one survey for comparisons purposes but also allows for addition survey questions that may or may not be included in the survey averages. In addition, some companies are ready to leap over the basic bar that was set for them with the basic audit. This allows them to continue to improve.
- Standard deviation – The database offers a standard deviation report that is key in data analysis.
- Comments by percent positive – There is the ability to create charts depicting positive, negative and neutral comments by percent.
- Additional comments report – Our surveys offer respondents the opportunity to provide additional comments that perhaps do not relate to the questions asked in the survey. For example, “Is there anything else this company needs to do to improve employee.” This report often contains many important issues that should be acted on.
- Reports and graphs – Our Demo offers a taste of the types of reports you can print off. They can all be exported to Word or Excel and PDF. If you need to hide some data because you receive too few response in any particular area, it is easily done because we have built in the flexibility into our database.
- Benchmarking – Our application offers the user the ability to benchmark with other companies and industries. Many consulting companies cannot offer this feature because they are working from basic databases.